Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 11 September 2010 14:41, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown wrote:
>> I came up with something very similar last night but I hadn't finished
>> playing with it:
>> http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/media/js/monospacefix.js
>>
>> But yes, I really didn't like the idea of having individual CSS files
>> for varying differences of font type when it could just be calculated.
>>  I'll try to get time to test it properly this weekend.
>
> Nice.  Do you need those paragraphs with "x"?

I could probably get away with non-breaking spaces, but the purpose is
to prevent some browsers from throwing the element away as an empty
one, thereby preventing us having a sample to test against.  IE tends
to do this in some scenarios.

> Do they show up in the document?

The x's would if the user had javascript enabled and CSS disabled.

> Does it work if they have no text node?

Hmm... I don't know what this means.  Could you explain?

> If fixed with is larger then proportional, we leave it alone?

Yes, this needs to be worked on too which is why I hadn't finished
with it.  The script doesn't yield text sizes in Opera, so the
calculation won't fall into the "if" statement anyway, but yes, in
theory someone might actually have their monospace default set higher
than proportional... although that would be weird.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements