Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Henk Enting <h.d.enting@mgrid.net> wrote:
> We ran into a problem on 9.0beta3 with check constraints using table
> inheritance in a multi-level hierarchy with multiple inheritance.
>
> A test script is provided below and a proposed patch is attached to this
> email.

Thanks for the report.  This bug also appears to exist in 8.4; I'm not
sure yet how far back it goes.  I'm not so sure your proposed patch is
the right fix, though; it seems like it ought to be the job of
AddRelationNewConstraints() and MergeWithExistingConstraint() to make
sure that the right thing happens, here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company