pass-through query crash using MSAccess front-end

От Rick Shory
Тема pass-through query crash using MSAccess front-end
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
  I am experimenting with using MS Access as a front-end for Postgres.
 Pass-through queries will be core to what I need to do.  In setting
the query properties, I select the data source (a file data source).
In the "PostGreSQL Connection" dialog, when I enter the password and
click "OK", something occurs that completely crashes Access.

  This has happened consistently at least half a dozen times.  The SQL
statement is very simple: "SELECT * FROM dat;"  I can link to the
table "dat" from Access, and I can import it into Access, and export a
copy to PostGres.  That would seem to indicate the data source is  set
up, and the password correct (the wrong password gets the "ODBC
failed" message but no crash).

  I am using Access 2003 (11.5614.5606) under Windows XP Pro (Version
5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600).  PostGresSQL is version 8.4.  I
believe I am using the correct ODBC driver, "psqlodbc.msi" in
"psqlodbc_08_04_0200.zip".  I would upgrade to PostGres 9.0 if I could
expect that to be anything but a shot in the dark.

  Any ideas?