How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?

От Roger Demetrescu
Тема How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello all,

When registering a new server in pgAdmin, the field Username is
required. The problem is I have several databases in my servers, each
one with its own owner.
So, if I need to connect to customer1_db, I have to change the
properties of Username at the server configuration to 'customer1'.
When I need to connect to customer2_db, I have to change username to
'customer2', and so on...

Is there any way to force pgAdmin to ask for username AND password
just before I connect to the server? IMHO it is more practical than
the current approach I am forced to follow.

Maybe I am missing something here, so any advice would be very appreciated.

I am using pgAdmin 1.12.1 on Ubuntu.

TIA,

Roger