Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta2

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I can reproduce this, here.  The problem seems to be that plpython
>> only build either plpython2.so or plython3.so, but both languages
>> expect a call handler called plython_call_handler.  So once we load
>> the shared library for one language, the other language just grabs the
>> same call handler.
>
> We had better fix that --- I can definitely foresee installations
> wanting to use both plpython2 and plpython3.  This'd require a change in
> the default contents of pg_pltemplate, though.  Does it seem important
> enough to bump catversion for?

Yeah, I think so.  As for using both plpython2 and plpython3, it looks
to me like right now you can only use one or the other.  I think if
you somehow manage to install both, you're really just getting the
same one twice (I have not tested this, however).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company