Running Postgresql on Windows sans install

От Sheena O'Connell
Тема Running Postgresql on Windows sans install
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all

I want to run Postgresql on windows without actually installing it so I followed the instructions on this page. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of resources on the same topic?

I haven't done much work with batch files, and this is my first real Postgresql experience so i'm a bit stumped. My mighty plan is to access a Postgresql DB from a C# application. Said application is to run a batch file that starts up Postgresql. Ideally what I would like as a response to this message would be a script that I can use to start up Postgresql from the binaries as well as an explanation of how the script works. Another thing that would make me smile would be a brief explanation of what to do once the script is run. Nothing too hectic, just an example of how to put a table somewhere would be lovely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sheena