Re: TODO Alter Table Rename Constraint

От Viktor Valy
Тема Re: TODO Alter Table Rename Constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I see. Thanks for mentioning it.
Are there other problems with the suggestion? Or should the work like that?

Viktor

2010/11/10 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Viktor Valy <vili0121@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer!
> I'm not really familiar with inheritance, but I wonder how this issue
> is handled in other cases, for instance renaming an index, which invokes
> internal a constraint rename too. Is that relevant or is the renaming of
> constraints so special?

Indexes can't be inherited, so the problem doesn't arise in that case.

> Is there a solution for the test-cases you have posted? Or is this yet a
> problem?

We had a bug related to the handling of ALTER TABLE .. ADD/DROP
CONSTRAINT for those test cases, which I fixed.  I think we still have
a similar problem with ALTER TABLE .. ADD/DROP ATTRIBUTE, which I
haven't fixed because it's hard and I haven't had time, and no one
seems to care that much.  My point was just that whatever patch you
come up with for ALTER TABLE .. RENAME CONSTRAINT should probably be
tested against those cases to see if it behaves correctly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company