Re: Problem with postgresql database connection in combination with HUAWEI data modem

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Problem with postgresql database connection in combination with HUAWEI data modem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/1/31 Jürgen Wolfsgruber <juergen.wolfsgruber@gmail.com>:
> Trying to start a telnet-connection, the result was:
>
> telnet 127.0.0.1 5432
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Operation timed out
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

That's just bizarre.  How can you get a network timeout over the
loopback address?

Your data modem is probably doing something funky to your network
stack, but I don't know what.  Can you connect to PostgreSQL over a
UNIX socket when the system is in this state?  Does stuff continue to
show up in the log file?  (e.g. If you send the postmaster a SIGTERM
while it's like this, do you see shutdown messages?)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company