Altering Domain Constraints on composite types

От Richard Broersma
Тема Altering Domain Constraints on composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
While playing with domains and composite types, I discovered a problem
when I tried to alter a domain constraint.  I don't believe that this
problem exists for traditional types.

for example:

broersr=> insert into tags values ((84,'PDSL',1,''),(84,'P',1, ''),'TEST TAG');
ERROR:  invalid regular expression: invalid repetition count(s)
broersr=> \dD

List of domains
 Schema |         Name         |         Type          |
 Modifier                |                         Check

--------+----------------------+-----------------------+----------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 public | tag_function         | character varying(4)  | not null
                         | CHECK (VALUE::text ~ '^[A-Z]{2-4}$'::text)
(11 rows)

broersr=> --oops I made a mistake in the definition of my REGEX
constraint so lets fix it.

broersr=> begin;
BEGIN
broersr=> alter domain tag_function drop constraint valid_tag_function;
ALTER DOMAIN
broersr=> alter domain tag_function add constraint valid_tag_function
check(value ~ E'^[A-Z]{2,4}$');
ERROR:  cannot alter type "tag_function" because column "tags"."tag" uses it
broersr=> rollback;
ROLLBACK

--
Regards,