Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:08 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>  On 09/30/10 11:58 PM, GOO Creations wrote:
>>
>>  thanks for this tip, but as far as I understand it libpqtypes is not part
>> of the original lipq libary .
>> This will result in the same problem as with the Qt libraries, it will add
>> another dependecy to my plugin, which is not allowed.
>
> take the source to libpqtypes, and static link it with your plugin.

yeah -- you would have to enable that via configure.  pulling in
libptypes just to pass bytea is probably overkill though considering
it can be done in stock libpq w/o too much effort.  To justify it, you
would want to be leveraging some of the other library features
(especially, array/composite passing, for which there is no reasonable
method via stock libpq).

merlin