Re: ms-access tables relationships question

От G. Allegri
Тема Re: ms-access tables relationships question
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

> When your tables are managed by postgresql and have relations then
> postgresql keeps the integrity.
> You don't have to bother about it in Access.

Yes, you're right. My problem is that my customer has a complex
application built in Access (with lots of queries, masks, macros,
etc.) and he asked me to port only the data to Postgresql (for other
requirements), keeping the 'engine' inside Access. So I have to deal
with their actual structure and constraints in Access, and switch the
data integrity management to a hybrid system. Of course I will design
the various constraints inside Postgresql, but I have to decide how to
manage the Access side...

Giovanni