Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>> Guess my first thought was that you'd have a database-level label that
>> would be used by SELinux to validate a connection.  A second thought is
>> labels for roles.  KaiGai, can you provide your thoughts on this
>> discussion/approach/problems?  I realize it's come a bit far-afield from
>> your original proposal.
>
> Something else which has come up but is related is the ability to
> support a "pam_tally"-like function in PG.  Basically, the ability to
> lock users out if they've had too many failed login attempts.  I wonder
> if we could add this hook (or maybe have more than one if necessary) in
> a way to support a contrib module for that.

Seems like the hard part would be figuring out where to store the
bookkeeping information.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a hook in ExecCheckRTPerms().
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a hook in ExecCheckRTPerms().