Github commit messages to pgsql-www

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Github commit messages to pgsql-www
Дата
Re: Github commit messages to pgsql-www  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Github commit messages to pgsql-www  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
What do we want to do with them...

Andrew has set it up for the bulidfarm client code, and it does work,
except they get caught in the moderator queue - becuase they are sent
from noreply@github.com. The way I see it we have a couple of options
for making this work:

1) Whiltelist noreply@github.com. We have no way of controlling this
though, so *anybody* with a github repo can have it sent there, and
they all come from the same address. I don't think we can whitelist on
the combination of email and some part of the email,thus filtering
based on repo.

2) Just moderate the commit messages as they show up.

3) Ask Andrew to move the primary to git.postgresql.org and use the
commit message hook there, that will send the emails as the person who
committed the patch (like we do for pgadmin for example). This has the
advantage of allowing individual moderation, and the disadvantage that
it doesn't scale if we want to end up with lots of repositories
management-wise...

Thoughts?

--
 Magnus Hagander