Re: On Scalability

От Vincenzo Romano
Тема Re: On Scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/30 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:

>> Is there anyone who knows whether those algorithms are linear or not?
>
> Read the code?  It's really very accessible, and there's lots and lots
> of comments.  While the person who wrote the code is around, isn't it
> better to see the real implementation?

If the programmer(s) who wrote that part is around, a simple hint would suffice.
Even an hint to where look into the code would be very appreciated: the query
planner is not as simple as the "ls" command (which is not that simple any
more, though).

It looks like I need to go the hard way ...
Starting from postgresql-8.4.4/src/backend/optimizer

--
Vincenzo Romano at NotOrAnd Information Technologies
Software Hardware Networking Training Support Security

Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance