Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 17:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 17:24, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>> On 17/12/2010 7:17 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Now, that's annoying. So clearly we can't use that function to
> determine which version we're on. Seems it only works for "image help
> api", and not the general thing.
>
> According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679294(v=vs.85).aspx,
> we could look for:
>
> SysEnumLines - if present, we have at least 6.1.
>
> However, I don't see any function that appeared in 6.0 only..

Actually, I'm wrong - there are functions enough to determine the
version. So here's a patch that tries that.

(BTW, the document is actually incorrect - partially because the
version that's shipped with Windows 2003 which is 5.2, is more or less
undocumented)

Let me know how that one works for you, and if it doesn't, whether it
does actually detect any of those higher versions by searching for the
functions.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/