Re: Scheduled maintenance affecting gitmaster

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Scheduled maintenance affecting gitmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 19:52, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The PostgreSQL Infrastructure Team will be performing scheduled
> maintenance on the server that is hosting gitmaster.postgresql.org the
> coming sunday, Feb 13th. While we expect this to only cause a very
> short downtime for the service, one can never be entirely sure with
> remote maintenance.. For this reason, please avoid using the service
> during this time. Note that only the git *master* server is affected,
> not the git.postgresql.org anonymous mirror is on another host and
> will not be affected.
>
> We will post a note here when the maintenance has been completed.
>
> Date: 2011-02-13
> Start: 12:00 UTC
> End: ~13:00 UTC, but may drag out
> Affected services: gitmaster.postgresql.org and misc. internal services

Unfortunately, one of the worst-case scenarios appears to have
happened - a machine did not come back up after a reboot. We are
working with the hosting company to figure out what went wrong and get
it back up as soon as possible, but obviously this will not happen
within the window we were hoping for.

We have a backup option which is to bring the VM up on a separate
machine, but given the amount of extra work and possible further
issues with this, we are going to hold out for a while to see if we
can get the current machine back into working state, given that it's
only "internal services".

We'll get back to you with more information as soon as we have it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/