Re: Xeon twice the performance of opteron

От J Sisson
Тема Re: Xeon twice the performance of opteron
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Jeff <threshar@torgo.978.org> wrote:
> hey folks,
>
> Running into some odd performance issues between a few of our db boxes.

We've noticed similar results both in OLTP and data warehousing conditions here.

Opteron machines just seem to lag behind *especially* in data
warehousing.  Smaller
cache for sorting/etc... is what I'd always chalked it up to, but I'm
open to other theories
if they exist.