Re: Need some help setting up pgAgent

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: Need some help setting up pgAgent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> :-)

>>> You'll need to put together a startup script for your OS, if the
>>> debian/ubuntu packager hasn't done so already. I'd suggest copying one
>>> from /etc/init.d and tweaking it as required.
>>
>> This is a bit outside my comfort zone, do you have a startup script
>> you can share with me?  I can copy it into /etc/init.d - Thanks!
>
> No I don't (I use a Mac - and never start pgagent automatically
> anyway). Can you copy the PostgreSQL script and make appropriate
> changes?

Okay I found one that I can use..

One question..  Should the connection string in the script have the
password for "root" hard coded in it?  Or will it use a password from
~/.pgpass automatically?  If so, what user account will it find the
.pgpass file under?  Thanks!

Mike

Сообщение: Re: Need some help setting up pgAgent
Сообщение: Re: Need some help setting up pgAgent