Not accepting passwords for remote logins

От Joel
Тема Not accepting passwords for remote logins
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
So I can login while I am on the system as postgres, but when I try to login remotely (directly to the database) I get this:

x@x-U52F-BBL9:~$ psql -h servername -U postgres -d repository
Password for user postgres:
psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

The password fails everytime. Any clues as to what this symptom might entail?

I have already in postgresql.conf set:
listen_addresses = '*'

Here is the end of my pg_hba.conf
# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

local all all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5