Re: pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments

От Nikhil S
Тема Re: pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

> Note that if there are no default values, the the defvals column is
> completely empty. Now why we see the "" for non-default arguments - the
> issue seems to be on the server side in the contrib module calls to compute
> the default values.

We need to change that then - we can't have the missing default values
default to something that's not valid for that datatype. Change them
to null or just empty them?

Hmmm, well variables can default to NULL too. The backend code tries to track those variables which default to NULL or to other values. For the rest, it defaults them to "". It then uses construct_md_array to generate the output string for type TEXTOID. Dunno if we can have nothing (an empty string) as valid TEXTOID output. I guess it's a limitation for this type. Let me see if we can do something here on the backend side...

Regards,
Nikhils

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III: the debugger does not pre-populate default values for arguments