Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Re: Configuring synchronous replication  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> * Quorum commit. Wait until n standbys acknowledge. n=1 and n=all servers
> can be seen as important special cases of this.

I think that we should skip quorum commit at the first phase
because the design seems to be still poorly-thought-out.

I'm concerned about the case where the faster synchronous standby
goes down and the lagged synchronous one remains when n=1. In this
case, some transactions marked as committed in a client might not
be replicated to the remaining synchronous standby yet. What if
the master goes down at this point? How can we determine whether
promoting the remaining standby to the master causes data loss?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication