Re: looping on NEW and OLD in a trigger

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: looping on NEW and OLD in a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Michael P. Soulier
<michael_soulier@mitel.com> wrote:
> On 26/08/10 Tom Lane did say:
>
>> If you're trying to do this in plpgsql, the answer is you can't.
>> plpgsql doesn't support dynamic field references, which is what you'd
>> need for what (I think) you're trying to do.
>>
>> You can do it in pltcl or plperl, and probably also plpython though
>> I don't know enough python to be sure.
>
> Ok, I'll try plpython then.

For a more in-depth treatment of the topic, see:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg139182.html

(the entire thread is worth reading IMO if you want to really
understand dynamic record inspection really well, both in pl/pgsql and
other PLs).

merlin

Сообщение: Re: How to convert a binary filed to an integer field?
Сообщение: Re: How to convert a binary filed to an integer field?