Re: high-availability.sgml: misplaced sentence

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: high-availability.sgml: misplaced sentence
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> The middle sentence in the 'Note:' doesn't make much sense there (maybe it does when you know
> pg_standby).  In any case it seems better placed outside it.

I think the reason why that sentence is there is to explain WHY you
shouldn't try to use pg_standby with the built-in standby mode.  I
agree that maybe the paragraph before the note could stand to be
fleshed out a bit - the phrase "a simple command" certainly might not
be totally clear to someone.  But it's important for the note to
mention why pg_standby would not be suitable.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company