Re: system views for walsender activity

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: system views for walsender activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 06:18, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>> The downside is that version 1 will require an initdb, and not version
>> 2, right?
>
> Unfortunately, 2 also requires initdb because pg_stat_activity will
> use LEFT JOIN instead of normal JOIN not to hide rows with databaseid = 0.
> All of them are items for 9.1.

Did this one end up on the floor?

We definitely need the very basic level for 9.1, and we can always
improve on it later :-) Do you want to keep working on it, or do you
want me to pick it up?

Any of the suggestions that includes the master showing data from the
slaves requires some kind of feedback going in from the slave, making
things a lot more complex (the slave is no longer passive) - let's
leave those for now. (you can use the 2ndquadrant replmgr to get some
of that :P)

I'm not sure it makes much sense to add walsenders to pg_stat_activity
- a lot of the fields would no longer make any sense (statement start?
query start?) - I think we're better off with a separate view for
pg_stat_walsender. It would then only need the columns for procpid,
usesysid, usename, client_addr, client_port, and the WALsender
specific fields.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/