Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> - Always compile the crash dump feature in builds, so every build that
>  goes to a user is capable of crash dumps. Because a suitable version
>  of dbghelp.dll has been included in Windows XP and above, it shouldn't
>  be necessary to ship the DLL with Pg, though the license permits that.

We probably would want to - the version that comes with Windows is
somewhat cut down, and MSDN recommends using the more recent versions
from the debugging tools.

Any idea of the performance overhead?

> (BCC'd Dave Page because of his involvement in Windows & Windows Pg
> support).

That explains why it bypassed my filters :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Сообщение: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)