Re: BUG #5919: released zipped files have problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #5919: released zipped files have problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
[Please keep the list CC'd]

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:01 AM, jacob lee <jacobswell4u@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think it is the msvc++ problem. At first the pgsql was installed
> successfully with initdb with zip file and I tried to start the pg and I got
> the message.
>
> I thought the problem is in my pc so I format it and tried to install with
> unzipped files. still the message was the same.
>
> And I made a success in windows 7 pc. it has no problem. only the windows
> xp system. and I tested with 2 pcs.
>
> The last try was using one-click installer. I installed pgsql with it and
> copy all the files and directorys except data and removed the pgsql.
>
> and I tried to install another pc with copied program and there was no
> problem!
>
> I think the message was that the program was malfunctioned like when the
> zip file has broken area in it.

The fact that the same file worked on a number of other PCs tells us it's
not corrupted. Also, the zip archive contains *exactly* the same files as
the installer - they're archives as part of the same build process.

The error message you quoted is one that almost always means that the
runtimes are not correctly installed (or the version of them is incorrect).
I don't know precisely what you did, but I'm sure that somewhere along the
line the runtimes were installed properly.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: tomas@tuxteam.de
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5927: PostgreSQL8.2
От: "H.Merijn Brand"
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: DBD::Pg on HP-UX 11.31 64bit]