Overriding default psql behavior | how to ignore missing fields

От Håvard Wahl Kongsgård
Тема Overriding default psql behavior | how to ignore missing fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I am trying to insert new records from multiple SQL dumps into an existing table. My problem is that the database table does not have some of the columns used in the sql dumps. So when I try to import the dumps psql fails with: "ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block"

As there are thousands of files with multiple missing fields, manually adding every field to the table is not a option.

Is it possible to overriding the default psql behavior, so that the sql session simply ignores any missing fields?

--
Håvard Wahl Kongsgård

http://havard.security-review.net/