Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1
Дата
Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> ... Well, the current CommitFest ends in one week, ...
>
> Really?  I thought the idea for the last CF of a development cycle was
> that it kept going till we'd dealt with everything.  Arbitrarily
> rejecting stuff we haven't dealt with doesn't seem fair.

Uh, we did that with 8.4 and it was a disaster.  The CommitFest lasted
*five months*. We've been doing schedule-based CommitFests ever since
and it's worked much better.  I agree it's unfair to reject things
without looking at them, and I'd like to avoid that if at all
possible, but punting things because they need more work than can be
done in the time available is another thing entirely.  I do NOT want
to still be working on the items for this CommitFest in June - that's
about when I'd like to be releasing beta3.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company