Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I already explained that killing the startup process first is a bad idea
> for many reasons when shutdown was discussed. Can't remember who added
> the new standby shutdown code recently, but it sounds like their design
> was pretty poor if it didn't include shutting down properly with HS. I
> hope they fix the bug they have introduced. HS was never designed to
> work that way, so there is no flaw there; it certainly worked when
> committed.

The patch was written by Fujii Masao and committed, after review, by
me.  Prior to that patch, smart shutdown never worked; now it works,
or so I believe, unless recovery is stalled holding a lock upon which
a regular back-end is blocking.  Clearly that is both better and not
all that good.  If you have any ideas to improve the situation
further, I'm all ears.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful