Re: Hide the code from users postgres

От Allan Kamau
Тема Re: Hide the code from users postgres
Дата
Re: Hide the code from users postgres  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Re: Hide the code from users postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 16:06 -0400, akp geek wrote:
>> It's not for the user postgres.. If I have created a testuser, can I
>> hide the code for that testuser?
>
> No. Of course you have to wonder, "why" you would do that. It is the
> data you are protecting, not the code to retrieve the data. Just make
> sure they don't have access to the data.
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
> PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
> Command Prompt, Inc: http://www.commandprompt.com/ - 509.416.6579
> Consulting, Training, Support, Custom Development, Engineering
>

> --

Seems akp would like to hide/protect (including his name) his hard
earned code/IP which may have consumed some man-hours, which to run,
requires well built and generously given PostgreSQL code which has
taken man-decades to develop.

Allan.

Сообщение: Re: Hide the code from users postgres
Сообщение: Re: Hide the code from users postgres