crash on new/open/import project

От Richard C. Rath
Тема crash on new/open/import project
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi, new user of pgadmin.  Trying v. 1.2.17 on fresh install of ubuntu 10.10 (maverick).
When I start the program and try to import, open, or create a new project, pgadmin immediately crashes, giving the following message:

"This application has raised and unexpected error and must abort.  [29] Invalid object.  CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435.

WHen I start it from console, it types out
pgdesigner
kbuildsycoca running...
CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435: #29: Invalid object
0: CApp.MenuProjectUpdate.1435
1: CApp._menuUpdate.327
2: CApp.ChangeProjectFromIndex.984
3: CApp._projectCreate.390
4: CApp.ProjectCreateNew.1566
5: CApp.MainForm_Click.613
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

It is a different message than the linux bug described in the FAQ.  Also, I have no package by the name of gtk-qt-engine available, either installed or in the repository.

Also a suggestion: on startup, default the focus of the language selector to [ok] rather than [cancel] and have the program remember the choice.

Thanks,

Hope this is an ok bug report.

Richard C. Rath                          Associate Professor
Department of History               University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
rrath@hawaii.edu                         www2.hawaii.edu/~rrath