Re: turn off caching for performance test

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: turn off caching for performance test
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
@Pierre: i know.. but first i'd have to find such a query from real-life. And also, i'm convinced that this query would be faster with a seqscan if the data wenen't cached.

@Arjen: thanks, that helps.
But that's only the OS cache. There's also the shared_buffers, which are a postgres specific thing.
I've found DISCARD in the manual, but that only influences a single session, not the shared buffers.

I reckon restarting the cluster should help, would it wipe out the cache? (pg_ctlcluster 8.3 main restart)
Or is there a more graceful way?

Cheers,

WBL