Re: reporting reason for certain locks

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: reporting reason for certain locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of jue nov 25 11:56:27 -0300 2010:
>
>> No, what I was suggesting was taking the existing function:
>>
>> extern void pgstat_report_waiting(bool waiting);
>>
>> ...and instead doing something like this:
>>
>> extern void pgstat_report_waiting(char *reason);
>>
>> ...and then arrange to pass the reason via the eponymous argument.
>
> Ah, I was looking for a SQL-callable function :-)  Hmm, maybe this would
> work.

I was just thinking it might be a good place for it because we're
already doing some nontrivial work at that point anyway.  Although,
lock acquisition (especially of AccessShareLocks) is already a bit of
a hotspot, so we definitely have to be careful what we put in there no
matter how we do it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company