Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Optimizing postgresql.conf for dedicated windows server 2003 x64 standard edition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Andrus <kobruleht2@hot.ee> wrote:
>> We updated it for Win64, but it looks like the stackbuilder catalog
>> wasn't updated to allow it to be downloaded on that platform. I've
>> fixed that - it should be available within an hour or so.
>
> I just installed 9.0 x64
>
> Is it sufficient to run Program files / PostgreSql 9.0 / Application Stack
> Builder  from this installation to get it ?

Yes, in an hour or so.

> Will it set optimal configuration so that manual editing of postgresql.conf
> is not required ?

It will generate a starter configuration, that will be based on your
selected workload type and machine resources. That may be fine for
your needs, or you may need to tune it to more precisely meet the
needs of your actual workload. It doesn't claim to eliminate the need
for any future manual tuning.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com