Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> I would vote for overriding client_min_messages but not log_min_messages.
>
> Well it defaults to WARNING so I see your point. Then again, we're
> talking about hundreds of lines (3197 lines of isn, 531 lines for
> hstore) of output per message, containing a script that you're not
> maintaining. Do we really want that amount of extra logging?

Well, my thought was that it makes sense to override the user's
logging preferences because, after all, if they wanted the extra
logging, they could run the script by hand.  But what gets logged to
the system log is server policy, not user preference, and I'm
reluctant to think we should second-guess whatever the admin has
configured.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company