Re: Adding ddl audit trigger

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Adding ddl audit trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

2011/1/26 El Co <lc4od@yahoo.com>:
> Trying to get some DDL auditing in a development environment by adding
> triggers to pg_proc, pg_class,pg_type,pg_trigger and getting the following
> error:
>

> ERROR: permission denied: "pg_proc" is a system catalog
>
> SQL state: 42501
>

> Is there any way to achieve DDL auditing in Postgres and trace any
> new/dropped/changed object into a table?

no, it isn't

> All I need is to at least be able and save a userid(current_user),
> timestamp, action, and the name of the object and this could be done easily
> by adding triggers to these pg catalogs.

you, can't do it this on PostgreSQL level. Probably you can revoke a
rights to DDL op. Then you are sure, so nobody will do some DDL op.
Next step can be a custom procedure in PL/pgSQL with security definer
right, that can do DDL via dynamic SQL. This procedure can trace a
info to log. A user can use DDL via this procedure.

Regards

Pavel Stehule