Re: Support for Slony 2.0?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Support for Slony 2.0?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
2011/1/20 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> I pretty much agree with you -- but not all people can use cli, or can
> maintain Slony-I using altperl tools.

I use the command line for lots of things, but I also find GUI tools
like PgAdmin useful. For example, I have a strong preference for
developing Postgres functions using PgAdmin. I think that I have a
rather balanced view. I also think that the ability to organise things
in a slonik script in a way that makes sense for you (ordering things
in a domain specific, logical manner with plenty of comments) is just
easier than doing it the PgAdmin way for any person, not just a person
who has a general preference for using command line tools. If you
don't agree with this, try managing Slony replication for more than 2
or 3 nodes using PgAdmin.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan