Re: CommitFest 2011-01 as of 2011-02-04

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: CommitFest 2011-01 as of 2011-02-04
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 09:49, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Here's where I think we are with this CommitFest.
>
>  Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest 2011-01 as of 2011-02-04
>
> I'm gonna go out on a limb and hope you meant '2011-02-14' there. :)
>
>> So there are two basic difficulties with wrapping the CommitFest up.
>
> [ ... ] It's been working really rather well, which is due in
> great part to the excellent CF managers (thanks again for being that,
> again).
[ ... ]

>        Thanks again, Robert, you've done an excellent job managing the CF.

I'd like to second this sentiment. I'm positive no one can really
appreciate the amount of work that goes into managing a commitfest
other than the elite few who have.

I imagine its not unlike being a mother: constantly bitching, ( out of
necessity mind you-- don't commit that! its HOT!, did you finish all
of your reviews? no? there are starving people in china! etc.) and yet
underrated, under-thanked and often undervalued.

Anyway, good job and thanks for volunteering to be the "bad" guy that
tries to keep the 9.1 time table sane.