Re: Wiki clarification

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Wiki clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 04:32, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 21:55 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> > From my own point of view, I'm not even sure what a "commercial abuse"
>> > of the wiki would consist of.  If a company wants to
>> > advertise/brag/hype/promote a product which is based on Postgres on
>> > the wiki, how is that a detriment to the project, exactly?
>>
>> Yeah, good point.
>
> Exactly, we are known to be a commercially friendly project -- BSD
> License and all.

Sure. We'll still need a pretty well-defined policy, though, IMNSHO.
We need something to point to when $company dumps copies of all their
marketing material in there, for example, making the search even worse
than it is now (if that's even possible :P).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/