Re: Postgresql packages in Solaris

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgresql packages in Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Paul Baker <paul.r.baker@oracle.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I received this question from a customer yesterday (below), and unfortunately I do not have the answer.  Please let
usknow if you know the answer, it would be greatly appreciated...

> "What we are trying to figure out is if removing the packages SUNWpostgr-83-devel, SUNWpostgr-83-pl,
SUNWpostgr-devel,SUNWpostgr-pl will cause any harm to our systems. For example, in the PDF that you sent yesterday, it
statesthat package SUNWpostgr-pl is part of the core server package.

> I am not sure as to what the core server package is, but when you try to remove those packages from prodreg it gives
about2 or 3 warnings on the performing the action.

> Just to be on the cautious side, we want to verify that removing those packages will not have any negative impact on
oursystems. The reasons behind wanting to perform these actions are CVE-2010-1169, CVE-2010-1170, and CVE-2010-1447."

1: Do you use pl/perl and pl/tcl? (these only affect them)
2: Is there not an updated pgsql 83 package for solaris yet to fix this?

От: John Gage
Сообщение: Re: Cognitive dissonance
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql packages in Solaris