Re: No Relations Found Error

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Re: No Relations Found Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 30/09/2010 20:43, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/ddl-schemas.html
>>
>> Have a look at section 5.3.7 on the search path in particular, as this
>
> Whoops, sorry - that's 5.7.3.

Thank you. I am reading the schema section you provided and it gives a
dry sense of what it does however I don't understand who I can access
the tables for the schema 'mediawiki'?

wiki=# \dn mediawiki
  List of schemas
   Name    | Owner
-----------+-------
 mediawiki | wiki
(1 row)

I can see the schema name and owner but what if I want to look inside?
Normally I would use the \d to view all the table info in the
connected database but now I can't do this in my 'wiki' database for
whatever reason. Perhaps because it was not created in the 'public'
schema rather than it's own custom schema.

wiki=# \c webmail
psql (8.4.4)
You are now connected to database "webmail".
webmail=# \d
                 List of relations
 Schema |        Name         |   Type   |  Owner
--------+---------------------+----------+---------
 public | cache               | table    | webmail
 public | cache_ids           | sequence | webmail
 public | contact_ids         | sequence | webmail
 public | contactgroupmembers | table    | webmail
 public | contactgroups       | table    | webmail
 public | contactgroups_ids   | sequence | webmail
 public | contacts            | table    | webmail
 public | identities          | table    | webmail
 public | identity_ids        | sequence | webmail
 public | message_ids         | sequence | webmail
 public | messages            | table    | webmail
 public | session             | table    | webmail
 public | user_ids            | sequence | webmail
 public | users               | table    | webmail
(14 rows)

How would I achieve this on my 'wiki' database?