Re: pg_dump(all) --quote-all-identifiers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_dump(all) --quote-all-identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-06/msg00018.php
>>
>> And per a design proposed by Tom Lane:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-06/msg00211.php
>>
>> PFA a patch to implement $SUBJECT.  One interesting aspect of this
>> patch is that types like "integer" and "double precision" don't get
>> quoted in the output, whereas types like "text" do.  But it turns out
>> that types like "integer" and "double precision" don't *work* if
>> they're quoted, so this is not a bad thing.  It might possibly be
>> judged to require documentation somewhere, however.
>
> Uh, I thought this was about quoting the identifiers.  I am confused
> about why "integer" is an issue in this case.  Can you show an example?

Sure.

rhaas=# create table bruce (demonstration "integer");
ERROR:  type "integer" does not exist
LINE 1: create table bruce (demonstration "integer");                                        ^
rhaas=# create table bruce (demonstration integer);
CREATE TABLE

See gram.y, around line 8341.

Note that if you try the same example with "text" instead of
"integer", both variants work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company