Fwd: Hiding data in postgresql

От Hector Beyers
Тема Fwd: Hiding data in postgresql
Дата
Re: Fwd: Hiding data in postgresql  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi guys,

(I tried the question in another forum first)

Does someone have any ideas how I can hide data without the meta data noticing? To explain further, I would like to save some collection of data where the meta-data does not see it. I am trying to do some security through obscurity. It is for research purposes.

For example, populate a table with 1000 rows, but the meta-data only knows of about 500 of them? Only on an export of a dump can you find all the data again. Or maybe to make a hidden duplicate schema that can point to the hidden data?

Does someone have any good ideas on how to achieve this or something similar?

Kind regards
Hector