Re: Patch for 9.1: initdb -C option

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Patch for 9.1: initdb -C option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/23 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> What I wanted to say is the patch itself is fine but we need to make consensus
> before the detailed code reviewing.

I guess we probably need some more people to express an opinion, then.
Do you have one?

I'm not sure I do, yet.  I'd like to hear the patch author's response
to Itagaki Takahiro's question upthread: "Why don't you use just "echo
'options' >> $PGDATA/postgresql.conf" ?  Could you explain where the
-C options is better than initdb + echo?"

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company