Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey,

I don't clearly understand why anybody should perform DELETE
directly from a psql terminal on a production system. WHY ?
I can't understand what problem with DELETE without WHERE clause
for application developers and why DBMS should "protect" them
from DELETE FROM table.

PS. Anybody can perform rm -rf from the shell as root. So what ?..

2010/12/1 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>
Mario Weilguni <roadrunner6@gmx.at> wrote:

> Is it really up to the database to decide what queries are ok?
> It's the task of the developers to test their applikations.

We're talking about ad hoc queries here, entered directly through
psql or similar.

-Kevin