Re: Anyone for SSDs?

От Daniel Loureiro
Тема Re: Anyone for SSDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You can believe whatever you want, that doesn't make it true.
completely agree. Like yours, Its just my point of view, not the reality.

I agree with most points here, but I wondering how many good ideas are
killed with the thought: "this will be a performance killer with so
many random access, lets discarded it". If in 80's the sequential
access has more cost compared with random access (ok, there's not the
SSD case), will be the PostgreSQL in the same design that it have
nowadays ?

--
Daniel Loureiro.

От: Vaibhav Kaushal
Сообщение: Re: Anyone for SSDs?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags