Re: how can we resolving locking state ....

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: how can we resolving locking state ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please post in plain text if possible.

2010/8/5 노현석 <noh019@naver.com>

> hi..
>
> we test   locking      PostgreSQL 8.4.4 on x86_64.
> $
> $   kill -9   5143

What you want is plain old

kill 5143
or
kill -SIGTERM 5143

Kill -SIGTERM is like using a fly swatter to kill a fly.  SIGKILL (-9)
is like lobbing a grenade in the same room to kill said fly.

Note that in 8.4 and up there's a pg function to do this.  8.3 and
before kill -SIGTERM is what you want.