Re: suppress automatic recovery after back crash

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: suppress automatic recovery after back crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I mulled over which of those names was better; updated version,
> reflecting your proposed naming, attached.

I read the patch and found some small typos.

> +        If true, any error will terminate the current session.  Normally,
> +        this is set to false, so that only FATAL errors will terminate the

"s/Normally/By default" seems better.

> +        When set to true, which is the default, <productname>PostgreSQL</>
> +        will automatically reinitialize after a backend crash.  Leaving this
> +        value set to true is normally the best way to maximize the availability
> +        of the database.  However, in some circumstances, such as when
> +        <productname>PostgreSQL</> is being invoked by clusterware, it may be
> +        useful to disable this behavior, so that the clusterware can gain
> +        control and take any actions it deems appropriate.

We should add something like?:

---------
Even if this value is set to true, a backend crash during hot standby doesn't
reinitialize the database.
---------

> +    /* ERROR_HANDING */
> +    gettext_noop("Error Handling"),

You seems to have forgotten to reflect Tom's proposal here.

> +# ERROR HANDING

Typo: s/HANDING/HANDLING

Regards,

--