Re: Sync Rep v19

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Sync Rep v19
Дата
Re: Sync Rep v19  (Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Sync Rep v19  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I'm not in favour.
>
> If the user has a preferred order, they can specify it. If there is no
> preferred order, how will we maintain that order?
>
> What are the rules for maintaining this arbitrary order?

Probably what Robert, Yeb and I think is to leave the current
sync standby in sync mode until either its connection is closed
or higher priority standby connects. No complicated rule is
required.

To do that, how about tracking which standby is currently in
sync mode? Each walsender checks whether its priority is
higher than that of current sync one, and if yes, it takes over.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center