Re: strangest thing happened

От Viktor Bojović
Тема Re: strangest thing happened
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM, John <johnf@jfcomputer.com> wrote:
I am the only developer, DBA etc.. for a small project.  Today (yesterday was
everything was perfect) many of the sequence numbers fell behind what is the
actual PK value.   For example the invoice PK sequence current value = 1056
but the table PK was 1071.  Nobody (other than myself) knows how to
edit/access the postgres server.  So

1. Does anyone know how this could have happened?????? Other than human
interaction.

2. Does anyone have a script to reset the sequences to match the tables?

Thanks in advance,

Johnf

John,

If the insert is performed to triggered table, and that trigger returns null (doesn't insert) then the sequence will increment, but no data will be inserted. If needed I will send you some code examples where it happened to me many times.

Sincerely
--
Viktor Bojović

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: